Truly multi-modal therapy, Ablatherm HIFU can be considered a primary, as well as second-line curative treatment in case of recurrence following any type of primary therapy.
Ablatherm HIFU as a primary therapy
HIFU leaves the door open to any other option in case of recurrence in the treated or untreated part (focal approach).
Ablatherm HIFU as a salvage therapy
HIFU can be used as a salvage option for recurrence after any primary therapy with a focal or radical treatment strategy.
Rectal cooling system
- Active liquid cooling
- Real-time monitoring of rectal wall temperature
- Prevention of fistulas
External patient movement detector
- Movements are monitored in real-time
- Treatment is stopped automatically if a movement is detected
Fistula prevention with rectal wall monitoring
- Ultrasound image recognition monitors rectal wall for movements
- Treatment automatically stops if position becomes concerning