Focal strategy for Prostate Cancer is taking a growing role in today’s surgical practice. By combining all the latest technologies in imaging and treatment, Focal One® brings the answer to all requirements for ideal focal therapy: accurate and MR-fused imaging, non-invasive surgical approach, precise and efficient therapeutic energy and end-of-treatment validation imaging.
Multi-parametric MRI has become the standard for Prostate Cancer imaging. As a first-line diagnostic tool, it has become universally used to identify tumor localization and guide biopsy in order to improve their detection rate. The biopsy-proven tumor localization on the MRI as well as the biopsy locations and results are used to guide the focal treatment of Focal One thanks to a proprietary non-rigid fusion algorithm (HI Fusion).
- MR and 3D biopsies target automatically displayed on live ultrasound.
- Design precisely area to be treated and follow HIFU shots.
- Electronic displacement of focal point without any mechanical movement.
- The Dynamic Focusing technology allows a precise non-invasive destruction of the target area within the prostate.
- Precise planning capabilities.
- Clear visualization of anatomical structures with MRI and biopsy information overlaid.
- Small size of unitary HIFU lesion.
- Ablation of a precise area around the tumor while sparing the surrounding tissue.
- Complete motorization of all movements (3 translations and 1 rotation).
- Robotic execution of planned treatment.
- Real-time control and adjustment of rectal wall distance.